Experts’ Consultation Meeting: Institutional Mechanisms for Gender Equality and Gender Mainstreaming
Within the framework of EIGE’s work on gender mainstreaming, EIGE has commissioned a project on “Institutional mechanisms for gender equality and gender mainstreaming” to assess the progress made towards achieving the strategic objectives of Area H of the Beijing Platform for Action:
- H1: Create or strengthen national machineries and other governmental bodies.
- H2: Integrate gender perspectives in legislation, public policies, programmes and projects.
- H3: Generate and disseminate gender-disaggregated data and information for planning and evaluation.
On 13th November 2018 EIGE is organising a consultation meeting to:
- Review and validate the proposed measurement framework.
- Facilitate the exchange of information about the application practices of institutional mechanisms for gender equality and gender mainstreaming among EU Member States and at EU-level.
- Raise awareness and support the technical capacity of institutional mechanisms for gender equality and gender mainstreaming.
This is a one-day technical meeting that will bring together leading experts and officials with experience in institutional mechanisms for gender equality and gender mainstreaming from different EU Members States, representatives of the national and regional machineries for gender equality, EU institutions and research institutions. This is an invitation-only event.
Read here EIGE's 2014 report on Effectiveness of Institutional Mechanisms for the Advancement of Gender Equality.