The UN Women Training Centre is proud to announce registration is now open for the training course Transformative Leadership for Gender Equality and Women's Rights, which will be held from 03-07 July 2017 in Geneva, Switzerland (register before 19 May 2017). The objective of this course is to strengthen capacity and knowledge of leaders and managers to advance gender equality, women’s empowerment, and women’s rights agendas within their organizational contexts.The course seeks to strengthen leaders’ and managers’ use of gender-inclusive and transformative leadership principles and practices to address institutional gender biases and promote commitments to gender equality and women’s rights.
The course is divided into the following modules:
- Module 1: Purpose, Principles and Power as a gender-inclusive transformative leader with vision for change
- Module 2: Inspiring and Enabling Others to Act to transform teams/organizations to be gender-inclusive and advance gender justice and equality
- Module 3: Priorities for Transformative Action on Gender Equality in planning for context specific actionable ideas to build stronger organizational cultures, programs and strategies
This course is geared, primarily, to senior managers who work in private and public sector organizations that have a commitment to gender equality. It is designed for those with managerial roles and responsibilities, and/or with functions to provide strategic or visionary guidance to their offices/ organisations.
DATE AND LOCATION
- Option 1: 03 – 07 July 2017. Geneva, Switzerland. Register by 19 May 2017
- Option 2: 04 - 08 September 2017. Nairobi, Kenya. Register by 14 July 2017