GenderNet Freie Universität Berlin (DE)
GenderNet Freie Universität Berlin (Germany) is a network structure aimed at facilitating and boosting communication and cooperation between actors in the areas of gender research and gender equality practice at different levels. This innovative, flexible structure brings together researchers, gender equality officers, actors in management and administration and members of committees and other relevant bodies. They jointly address current challenges and drive forward excellent gender research, inclusive gender equality practice, international dialogue and transnational cooperation.
The work within GenderNet Freie Universität Berlin is coordinated by a steering team (“Leitungsteam”) consisting of key actors in university management, gender equality work and gender research of Freie Universität Berlin. Five project teams have been set up to each address one of the following current challenges through joint efforts: gender in research; internationalisation; gender in MINT subjects (mathematics, information sciences, natural sciences, and technology); diversity; and the institutional strategy.
- 1Back to entry page
- 35What is a Gender Equality Plan?
- 38EU objectives for gender equality in research
- 39Why change must be structural
- 40Who is this guide for?
- 41Ready to develop a GEP? Start the GEAR
- 42GEAR action toolbox
- 43Who is involved in a Gender Equality Plan?
- 44Rationale for gender equality in research
- 45Basic requirements and success factors
- 46Obstacles and solutions
- 47Legislative and policy backgrounds