National connections at Fraunhofer Gesellschaft: the National Committee (DE)
The National Committee of Fraunhofer Gesellschaft (Germany) included a set of qualified experts from the most important research institutions in Germany (sharing similar features and concerns), plus Federal Government institutions and the media. The team responsible for implementing the EU-funded structural change project STAGES actively involved Committee members, with varied tasks, in the implementation of selected actions, well beyond the original function of the Committee in the dissemination and communication of the Action Plan. Partnerships emerged among different institutions, which is an important follow-up of the Action Plan, increasing the chances for sustainability of parts of it. The active involvement of the Committee also had a positive impact within Fraunhofer, facilitating the mobilisation and involvement of interested internal stakeholders.
- 1Back to entry page
- 2What is a Gender Equality Plan?
- 3EU objectives for gender equality in research
- 4Why change must be structural
- 5Who is this guide for?
- 6Ready to develop a GEP? Start the GEAR
- 7GEAR action toolbox
- 8Who is involved in a Gender Equality Plan?
- 9Rationale for gender equality in research
- 10Basic requirements and success factors
- 11Obstacles and solutions
- 12Legislative and policy backgrounds