National connections at Fraunhofer Gesellschaft: the National Committee (DE)
The National Committee of Fraunhofer Gesellschaft (Germany) included a set of qualified experts from the most important research institutions in Germany (sharing similar features and concerns), plus Federal Government institutions and the media. The team responsible for implementing the EU-funded structural change project STAGES actively involved Committee members, with varied tasks, in the implementation of selected actions, well beyond the original function of the Committee in the dissemination and communication of the Action Plan. Partnerships emerged among different institutions, which is an important follow-up of the Action Plan, increasing the chances for sustainability of parts of it. The active involvement of the Committee also had a positive impact within Fraunhofer, facilitating the mobilisation and involvement of interested internal stakeholders.
- 1Back to entry page
- 35What is a Gender Equality Plan?
- 38EU objectives for gender equality in research
- 39Why change must be structural
- 40Who is this guide for?
- 41Ready to develop a GEP? Start the GEAR
- 42GEAR action toolbox
- 43Who is involved in a Gender Equality Plan?
- 44Rationale for gender equality in research
- 45Basic requirements and success factors
- 46Obstacles and solutions
- 47Legislative and policy backgrounds