GenderNet Freie Universität Berlin (DE)
GenderNet Freie Universität Berlin (Germany) is a network structure aimed at facilitating and boosting communication and cooperation between actors in the areas of gender research and gender equality practice at different levels. This innovative, flexible structure brings together researchers, gender equality officers, actors in management and administration and members of committees and other relevant bodies. They jointly address current challenges and drive forward excellent gender research, inclusive gender equality practice, international dialogue and transnational cooperation.
The work within GenderNet Freie Universität Berlin is coordinated by a steering team (“Leitungsteam”) consisting of key actors in university management, gender equality work and gender research of Freie Universität Berlin. Five project teams have been set up to each address one of the following current challenges through joint efforts: gender in research; internationalisation; gender in MINT subjects (mathematics, information sciences, natural sciences, and technology); diversity; and the institutional strategy.
- 1Back to entry page
- 2What is a Gender Equality Plan?
- 3EU objectives for gender equality in research
- 4Why change must be structural
- 5Who is this guide for?
- 6Ready to develop a GEP? Start the GEAR
- 7GEAR action toolbox
- 8Who is involved in a Gender Equality Plan?
- 9Rationale for gender equality in research
- 10Basic requirements and success factors
- 11Obstacles and solutions
- 12Legislative and policy backgrounds